Though this product has launched quite a long time ago but many of my followers requested me to review this one.
So here I am with my experiences & views on it, in a very raw form. No diplomacy & secrecy coz that’s me, the real me.
Now talking about the shampoo, when it was launched it was hyped a lot and was there everywhere in advertisements. So, I also got fascinated and was anxious to use it. I used it for about 2 months in almost very hot and humid weather in India. As I bought a big 750ml bottle of the product which I will tell you later in the post that was it a mistake or a good decision?
1. Now first talk about the brand- L’Oréal is a very reputed brand & I am in just love with some of their amazing products be it makeup or skincare. So I was very sure that this will also be a good product & that trust in the brand made me buy the bigger bottle of shampoo without even searching for its reviews.
2. Price & Packaging- There are 4 sizes of the shampoo available in India – 75 mL, 175 mL, 360 mL and 640 mL where you generally get 10% of extra product with every bottle. The 175ml shampoo costs Rs.150 where as you can definitely get a discount easily. L’oreal Extraordinary Clay Shampoo, to be honest, I just loved the packaging or more specifically the idea of using clay to wash my hair & its aqua coloured bottle. The packaging is quite sturdy and is definitely not flimsy or of cheap plastic. L’Oréal as a brand has maintained its reputation by giving us a nicely packaged product.
What the brand claims about the product?
a) Ultra purifying washes off excess oil on scalp and roots and helps eliminate impurities and pollution particles
b) Intensely hydrating moisturises from lengths to tips for hydrated free flowing hair, leaving hair fresh for up to 72 hours
c) Enriched with extraordinary power of clay that deeply purifies and hydrates your hair
d) Tailor made care to resolve the problems of oily roots and dry lengths
e) Scalp and hair feel fresh and clean even 3 days after shampoo
f) For best results, indulge in the full extraordinary clay ritual shampoo, conditioner and hair refresher.
Aqua / Water / Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Parfum / Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Octyldodecanol, Salicylic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Carbomer, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Argilla / Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Kaolin, Montmorillonite, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Fumaric Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ci 42090 / Blue 1, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.
- How to use it-
- Apply onto wet hair, gently massaging into the scalp, then rinse.
- For best results follow with Extraordinary Clay Conditioner.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately.
My Hair & Scalp-
My hair is generally dry & dull. So is my scalp. As this shampoo says it removes oil from the hair & scalp so I thought that I cannot do justice to it completely.
L’Oréal Extraordinary Purifying & Hydrating Clay Shampoo Review-
As I have really dry & dull hair and as this shampoo claims it removes oil. I thought that I would not do justice to it so I reviewed it under three situations.
- By using it on my dry hair- In a single wash I generally take 2 coin sized amounts of product to wash my hair. I did the same for this shampoo too.
It made my hair smell refreshing but made them really dry & dull. My hair lost its natural shine. They were more drying by using it.
- By oiling my dry hair & then using this clay shampoo- I did the same again I took 2-coin sized amount of product & washed my hair thoroughly with it. This time, the oil from my hair was removed by about 90% my hair still felt a bit drying. Not like they were when I used it without oiling my hair. But yes I don’t know for what reason every time I used it, it made my hair become dry.
- I made my mum try it (she has oily scalp)- she used the shampoo & it made her scalp and hair oil free. She somewhat liked the shampoo but she also complained that after sometime it made her hair feel very dull. So she used it with conditioner, then it solved her problem & her hair were also in a good state now.
- The packaging is nice and attractive
- The idea of using clay based shampoo is inventory.
- The smell of the product is really nice.
- It makes your hair smell & feel refreshed.
- Pricing is fairly decent from a brand like L’Oréal.
- Not suitable for dry hair.
- Even for oily hair, preferably use with a conditioner.
- As the brand claims, that it moisturises the hair so it is definitely not true, at least not in my case.
Since I have dry & dull hair so I would not purchase this product again, as it did no wonders to my hair. But for my oily scalp people out there you should try this one out. As we all have different types of scalp so it might be that the things that do not work for might work for you and vice versa.
And for people with dry hair, if you really want to try this shampoo then I would suggest that you go the smallest size available in the market, try it out & then see that if it works for you then buy the bigger version.
So do let me know in the comment section below what are your experiences with this shampoo. I would love to hear from you all.
Share this post with your family and friends & follow me on social media the links will be on the home page.
Till then stay healthy & stay fit.
Love you all.