Acne is a very serious skin issue which is faced by a majority of people including both males and females. Sometimes it’s just a simple pimple which comes and goes away but sometimes it is a serious skin issue. We all know our bit of information on acne but as it is said half knowledge is injurious for health. So, here is a full in depth knowledge of acne and its underlying causes, how acne is caused, what are the types of acne, how to cure acne, is acne and pimple the same, when is acme caused and much more.
Please keep on reading and if you like my blog then do like, share, subscribe and comment below. Also don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @luvurself_official (linked).
What is Acne?
Acne is a skin disease which is caused due to the clogging of hair follicles with dead skin cells and oil. It is a medical condition which when serious should be treated under the guidance of a dermatologist. It is also known as Acne Vulgaris. It can be acute as well as chronic.
Types of Acne?
The various types of acne are-
- Whiteheads- a whitish accumulation or elevation of the skin due to the deposition of sebum and dead skin cells in the pores of the skin.
- Blackheads- when the sebum or dead skin is accumulated along with dirt it appears as a black coloured elevation on the skin surface.
- Pustules- a small bump present on the skin which contains a yellowish viscous fluid known as pus.
- Papules- it is a small solid elevation on the skin also known as pimple. It is red, swollen and painful to touch.
- Cyst- it is a form of elevation on the skin caused due to the accumulation of liquid.
- Nodules- it is a small mass of rounded or irregular shaped elevation on the skin.
Causes of Acne?
- Excess production of oil from the skin.
- Clogging of hair follicles by the accumulation of oil and dead skin.
- Bacterial infection
- Hormonal imbalance or excess production of androgens.
Is Acne and Pimple the same?
Acne and pimple are almost the same yet dissimilar. Acne is a disease whereas pimple is one of its associated symptom.
Tips to control or avoid Acne
- Avoid over scrubbing
- Avoid Popping the acne with your fingers.
- Avoid touching your face very often
- Take proper treatment and consult a dermatologist in severe situations.
Thanks for reading and do comment below your queries and suggestions.
Love you all.