PCO is Poly Cystic Ovary and PCOD is Poly Cystic Ovary Disease whereas PCOS is the Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome. It is a very common disorder found in 1 out of every 5 women. Though it is common in both adolescent age girls as well as adult women. Generally, there is development of small cysts in the ovary of females but this is not the only characteristic feature about which we will talk about later in this post.
How to find out that one is suffering from PCOD/S?
There are many features of PCOD/S. though PCOD/S is not a very serious disorder alone but it causes many more hormonal imbalances which makes it a serious one.
Some of the common features of PCOD/S are-
- Small cysts in the ovary
- Excessive Weight Gain
- Excessive Facial Hair Growth
- Irregular Menstrual Cycle
- Blood Pressure
- Difficulty in conceiving/ Pregnancy
- Your looks may be altered
Is PCOD/S a serious disease?
No, PCOD/S alone is not a very serious health problem but if not treated properly the underlying issues such as blood pressure, weight gain, cholesterol, diabetes and various heart problems makes it a serious health problem for the person suffering from it.
Home Remedies for PCOD/S-
Though as such this is an incurable condition but when taken proper care of it can be controlled to a good extent. In some cases, it may cure completely on its own whereas in others it may persist as it is. But our focus should be on to control the problem & doesn’t let it proliferate.
- Manage your weight properly
- Eat healthy food, avoid junk food & oily food.
- Exercise regularly
- Eat fresh fruits & vegetables
- Go for routine tests, like blood pressure, cholesterol & diabetes and manage them with the help of your attending doctor.
- If you have irregular menstrual cycle & you don’t bleed for more than 60 days then consult your doctor immediately.
- Do Visit your doctor regularly
- Do not neglect your health conditions as it is said precaution is better than cure.
This was my little piece of information on PCOD/S if you have something more about it . Do share it in the comment section below.
Like, share & Subscribe to my Blog.
See you in the next blog till then, stay healthy & stay fit.
Love you all.